Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is the official forum for the Role-playing guild, The Frozen Covenant, on Argent Dawn [EU]

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

NEWS: New Story Arc events due to start

Go down 
+2
Scourgelord
Lelara
6 posters
AuthorMessage

NEWS: New Story Arc events due to start Empty
PostSubject: NEWS: New Story Arc events due to start   NEWS: New Story Arc events due to start EmptyFri Oct 07, 2011 11:51 am

Hi all,

Continuing to build upon the concept of our Guild being a premier RPing group, I have decided to begin a series of “Rolling RP Events” that will all be based around story-arcs lasting know longer than 4 weeks with a minimum of one event a week.

What does this mean for you?

Well it means that we will be having a story theme that directly changes based upon the results of what occurred during the previous event. It means that each of you will directly involved in the story (Assuming you show!) and that, much like RPG games, your answers/actions directly change the direction and NPC characters involved.

How will this work?

For each event we will forma raid group and use a modified version of D&D rule sets. This means that, within the raid, a description of what is happening will be presented to the players. Depending on their /roll certain things will happen.

EG:

“Three Paladins begin to cast Exorcism on the group of Death Knights. Their eyes glow a faint blue as their hands start to radiate with holy energy, the pulses suddenly erupting and racing towards the Death Knight. Roll now – values lower then 20 means you are hit by the Exorcism, values between 21-60 means you avoid the attack and value 61-100 means you avoid the strike and launch your own counter attack”.

Depending on your roll result, you then act out your response. One more example:

“The woman falls to her knees, the heavy looking mace drops to the floor. As if time had come to a standstill she looks into your eyes, pleading, begging. “Please… I only want to defend my home. Spare me, have mercy!” Roll now – Values 49 or 1 mean you allow the woman to live, values between 50-100 mean you kill the woman.

I hope to begin holding these events by next week and will aim to have them played on days when most can be online (IE: Non raid days for our raiding members). I already have the first storyarc planned out and will roll out more afterwards depending on the success of this first one.

I hope you’ll join me in making this new aspect of the guild something that will echo throughout the server.
Back to top Go down
Lelara

Lelara

PostSubject: Re: NEWS: New Story Arc events due to start   NEWS: New Story Arc events due to start EmptyFri Oct 07, 2011 12:11 pm

While most of this sounds awesome I do have one concern. The rolling between 49-1 means we allow them to live... how does this fit the guilds theme? As the Scourge we leave no survivors (exceptions to players who do not wish their character to die) this rule is in effect through out the guild whether you are a Death Knight or Cultist. Just pointing out something that should be cleared up now rather than later.
Back to top Go down
Scourgelord

Scourgelord

PostSubject: Re: NEWS: New Story Arc events due to start   NEWS: New Story Arc events due to start EmptyFri Oct 07, 2011 12:58 pm

I'd rather have

1-49 - We enslave them and sent them to a saronite mine. Letting a creature live would not correspond with the IC wishes of the death knights, cultists, or even the wolfcult.
Back to top Go down
https://scourgerp.forumotion.com

PostSubject: Re: NEWS: New Story Arc events due to start   NEWS: New Story Arc events due to start EmptyFri Oct 07, 2011 1:13 pm

Hi guys,

Thanks for your comments!

I only used that line as an example. I know we'd never do that hence the term "As an example" Wink
Back to top Go down
Barunita

Barunita

PostSubject: Re: NEWS: New Story Arc events due to start   NEWS: New Story Arc events due to start EmptySat Oct 08, 2011 8:25 pm

Agree with the roll system, just wouldnt aplicate it on the woman example. Atleast me (as Baru) would use her as I please not rolling dice if I magically change my mind.
Back to top Go down
Scourgelord

Scourgelord

PostSubject: Re: NEWS: New Story Arc events due to start   NEWS: New Story Arc events due to start EmptySat Oct 08, 2011 8:30 pm

No.. the rules apply to everybody or nobody. Stop trying to be special.
Back to top Go down
Jemerick

Jemerick

PostSubject: Re: NEWS: New Story Arc events due to start   NEWS: New Story Arc events due to start EmptySat Oct 08, 2011 9:33 pm

All sounds fine, except what Baru says. But i'm sure Athrún meant that we can still decide how our characters would behave. Those ocassion would be rolled like.. hit/miss, falling, etc i think. Else.. our characters would lose their personality, and then no point of RP-ing.
Back to top Go down
Barunita

Barunita

PostSubject: Re: NEWS: New Story Arc events due to start   NEWS: New Story Arc events due to start EmptySat Oct 08, 2011 9:55 pm

What Jeme said. It would be pretty stupid to act like dice says in non-combat situations.
Back to top Go down
Scourgelord

Scourgelord

PostSubject: Re: NEWS: New Story Arc events due to start   NEWS: New Story Arc events due to start EmptySun Oct 09, 2011 2:04 am

Jemerick wrote:
All sounds fine, except what Baru says. But i'm sure Athrún meant that we can still decide how our characters would behave. Those ocassion would be rolled like.. hit/miss, falling, etc i think. Else.. our characters would lose their personality, and then no point of RP-ing.

You're all slaves.

There is no point RPing....
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: NEWS: New Story Arc events due to start   NEWS: New Story Arc events due to start EmptySun Oct 09, 2011 1:36 pm

Thanks for the comments, guys.

Those of you that attended the event yesterday got a taste of the system I was talking about Smile
Back to top Go down
Zhuyan

Zhuyan

PostSubject: Re: NEWS: New Story Arc events due to start   NEWS: New Story Arc events due to start EmptySun Oct 09, 2011 2:44 pm

actually i think this roll system need a little "nerf" about our own behave

the scourgelord should was able to decide if ignore the book or not from his own, because that action is part of his observation spirit, his personality and what he feel to do or not and from that, conequences occour. this is the spirit of D&D and RP in general. if we have to base our behave totally on rolls and predetermined binary, we basically become unable to bring unexpected fun while we walk on a only-way road.

in a nutshell:

roll for action like parry;dodge and such - is the rule of universe

roll for what i think like "if 50 you notice and pick up the thing" or something - is invasive

the dungeon master put a bait, and players decide if catch it or not, with all the conequences.

hope my position is clear and of course, nothing personal. just my critic Wink
Back to top Go down
Deathlord Zalon
Administrator
Administrator
Deathlord Zalon

PostSubject: Re: NEWS: New Story Arc events due to start   NEWS: New Story Arc events due to start EmptySun Oct 09, 2011 2:58 pm

I have to admit that Rolling for something you would notice, do or anything alike, becuase you don't need a the "chanse" to decide if you will go to one diretion or another.

Its simply more up to your self.
Other than that Rolling for batles and such that is okay.

Thats my opinion.
Back to top Go down
Barunita

Barunita

PostSubject: Re: NEWS: New Story Arc events due to start   NEWS: New Story Arc events due to start EmptySun Oct 09, 2011 7:23 pm

Aye I think that it was more of if he noticed or not, instead of ignoring it. But anyway I like the fact that Alth is losing his rolls, payback biatch xP. Anyway the original idea was rllly good and with tests at RP events we will put it in perfect state.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: NEWS: New Story Arc events due to start   NEWS: New Story Arc events due to start Empty

Back to top Go down

NEWS: New Story Arc events due to start
Page 1 of 1