Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is the official forum for the Role-playing guild, The Frozen Covenant, on Argent Dawn [EU]

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Why I think Army of the Damned ought to move realm -> Argent Dawn

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Scourgelord

Scourgelord

Why I think Army of the Damned ought to move realm -> Argent Dawn Empty
PostSubject: Why I think Army of the Damned ought to move realm -> Argent Dawn   Why I think Army of the Damned ought to move realm -> Argent Dawn EmptyMon Feb 20, 2012 9:53 pm

I've basically been thinking and it's occurred to me that at this point in time Argent Dawn to me personally has offered a satisfactory level of role-play and standard. Even though I have not been actively playing I have heard from sources that have been trustworthy that the realm is flourishing with an amount of role-players Defias Brotherhood never had. It's a good thing and a bad thing, there are many conflicting opinions as well as arguments and fights with people. Not everybody gets along, but hey, Defias Brotherhood is like that too on a smaller scale.

I think Army of the Damned has spent a fair time on Defias Brotherhood. (Over-all more than a year since the 'epilogue' guild was formed about a year and a half ago). It's had it's peak moments, and it's low moments. It's been clear to me who has cared and taken care of the guild, and who has abandoned it at the first sight of trouble. I for one feel very proud of the people who have kept it together, who have remained loyal and who have never fled no matter how many problems we've encountered. I know that I haven't been personally involved in a long time, and some people might even hold that against me. But to be honest, I lost interest in the game when I realized some things just could not be achieved on Defias Brotherhood.

As some of you might know I had a big vision for Army of the Damned, constant growth and expansion doubled with interesting events, for me the quota was only fulfilled halfway so I thought maybe I was the issue so Althalos got GM (well earned). I won't say how the guild has been since then because I haven't been there, but from the one event I did attend I was very impressed that it was kept well in line as written and talked about, there was no lore-breaking and the guild kept it's high standard of role-play, I noticed one thing. The amount of people that remained however, were the same group of loyal members. Those who had been here almost since the start and were picked up along the way during our peak moments.

Sometimes, and I may be wrong, but the recruitment number and interaction with other guilds reflects how active and progressive a guild is. As some say, quantity is a quality all on it's own. If I'm not mistaken I know that Army of the Damned does not get many recruits and that since the giant bursts initially there are no more. Well in my view there's really one large answer to that -

The realm itself is lacking in people interested in the aspect of role-playing, there are no new role-players coming here. That's evident from the lack of new guilds and ideas being put forward, every angle of role-play is represented by a single guild, and various guilds are struggling. I know from my experience and talks with the Forsaken/Cult of Shadow that they are struggling in their role-play too, and that not many are interested in the Forsaken.

So, I'd like to offer just an idea for discussion amongst those members who use the forum and have actively remained.

How would the existing membership feel about moving to AD? From my own experience there I can tell you that the role-play is FAR more frequent and at the same level of quality, especially that which is found outside of Stormwind.

In my view, a Scourge guild such as this could truly flourish and blow up in activity on a very active realm like that.

Anyway, would just the opinion of the people who are actually in the guild.
Back to top Go down
https://scourgerp.forumotion.com
Zhuyan

Zhuyan

PostSubject: Re: Why I think Army of the Damned ought to move realm -> Argent Dawn   Why I think Army of the Damned ought to move realm -> Argent Dawn EmptyMon Feb 20, 2012 10:06 pm

I dunno about AD. never RPd there. but we actually started to be busy in DB, as 3 guilds out there started regular interaction with us (the ebon shroud, the cul of shadow and the Lordareon alliance).
which offered more than just-fine RP fun (regardless some strange things). the only problem is the roster never growed much. just something around 4-5 new faces (including the ones unactive) since im around, and i have doubts about how much the realm influence this (not to mention the pepole who paid a transfer for join us. ironically from AD).

I dont know. i want to hear alth first. im loyal to the guild (the only reason im still playing WoW) and shall pay those 15bucks for follow you all. but i doubt my alts shall follow as i cant afford that much for a transfer (and so, their develop shall stop/hugely change direction) so me and who shall not follow us will have to sacrify something, and i hope will be for a certain result.
Back to top Go down
Scourgelord

Scourgelord

PostSubject: Re: Why I think Army of the Damned ought to move realm -> Argent Dawn   Why I think Army of the Damned ought to move realm -> Argent Dawn EmptyMon Feb 20, 2012 11:24 pm

Role-playing isn't all about being level capped. You wouldn't have to have 85s to enjoy yourself more.

In my view even myself I'd be interested in setting something, not a guild, but our low level alts as cultists perhaps and only doing out that branch. But, that's another debate for another time! ^^
Back to top Go down
https://scourgerp.forumotion.com
Lelara

Lelara

PostSubject: Re: Why I think Army of the Damned ought to move realm -> Argent Dawn   Why I think Army of the Damned ought to move realm -> Argent Dawn EmptyTue Feb 21, 2012 11:24 am

I'll be honest I'm quite happy on DB, and would rather not move. The only reason I still play wow is this guild, I love the RP we have and really like every one in the guild but I'm not sure I'd be willing to pay for a transfer for either of my characters just to follow the guild (nor can I be arsed to create and lvl a new characetr either). If people want the guild to move then move, but just know if you do you'll be leaving me behind.
Back to top Go down
Althalos
Administrator
Administrator
Althalos

PostSubject: Re: Why I think Army of the Damned ought to move realm -> Argent Dawn   Why I think Army of the Damned ought to move realm -> Argent Dawn EmptySat Feb 25, 2012 9:36 am

As much as the idea contains potential, and I won't deny that it could turn out to be very good, I do prefer DB and have to agree with Lelara and Zhuyan. All the work we've put into the guild so far, the history we made was done on DB. And as dire some situations has been, we always kind of got back up again. Recently we also gained some nice members and have many grand plans. And I don't wish to move to a complete new server and start anew from scratch, and I'm very glad with the server we're on and the memories we've made. It's a nice idea but I don't think it is for us yet. Time will tell from where we will go from here, but all this time I really enjoyed DB and it has kinda grew on me, and proud of everything we've accomplished so far. So for now, personally I would not do so.

P.S: Come Back! Very Happy Or like, I hope we would see you soon for once or something, possibly on our anniversary, but ah well^^ I did promise that we would drink tea together when we would watch Stormwind buuuuurn!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Why I think Army of the Damned ought to move realm -> Argent Dawn   Why I think Army of the Damned ought to move realm -> Argent Dawn Empty

Back to top Go down

Why I think Army of the Damned ought to move realm -> Argent Dawn
Page 1 of 1