Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is the official forum for the Role-playing guild, The Frozen Covenant, on Argent Dawn [EU]

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Cult of the Damned in Icecrown/Northrend

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Deathlord Zalon
Administrator
Administrator
Deathlord Zalon

Cult of the Damned in Icecrown/Northrend Empty
PostSubject: Cult of the Damned in Icecrown/Northrend   Cult of the Damned in Icecrown/Northrend EmptyMon Sep 03, 2012 7:33 pm

As the title says, do you think that the Cult of the damned have survived in Northrend after the fall of the Lich King?

I personally can say from quests,lore and other sources that we did not strike too hard at the cult, we did naturally eliminate their leadership, but anyone can take over as being an overseer and continue the ideal of Arthas, as everyone in the cult is devoted to the old Lich King rather than Bolvar, also a cult might be hard to eradicate, as they can hide amongst anyone and Northrend is large.

Also Bolvar surely haven't tried doing anything, as lorewise he is supposedly Dormant as of yet, keeping the Scourge more Neutral like, this also makes it easier for the cult to move around, only having to avoid Ebon blade/Argent Crusade, but have moved most of their forces and leadership back to the plaguelands rendering them having less people to send out to look for the cult etc

but what do you think? could they have survived? are they all but eradicated? or are there still some left that try to follow the old Lich King ideal?
And if they are still active, how woudl be behave? how would they react to outsiders like us? how much have they changed etc? what do you think?

(If you do not understand my questions, or how I mean in my statement say it! and I will try to explain!)
Back to top Go down
Lelara

Lelara

PostSubject: Re: Cult of the Damned in Icecrown/Northrend   Cult of the Damned in Icecrown/Northrend EmptyWed Sep 05, 2012 4:12 pm

The Argent Crusade would struggle to find the Cult out in Northrend -with- the help of the Horde and Alliance, now with both factions having pulled their support and most of their forces from Northrend there is no way the Crusade could have eradicated the Cult up there. So yes I'd say there'd be a number of isolated pockets of Cultists hiding out in the wastes, many of which would most likely continue their practices. Whether or not they still serve Arthas' vision is a different matter entirely. It's quite possible that, with the death of Arthas, that someone relatively powerful could have taken over and used the Cult for their own ends, turning them away from their former master.
Back to top Go down
Althalos
Administrator
Administrator
Althalos

PostSubject: Re: Cult of the Damned in Icecrown/Northrend   Cult of the Damned in Icecrown/Northrend EmptyFri Sep 21, 2012 8:40 am

When the leaders are taken care off, the followers don't suddenly vanish.

So the Cult has remnants, as depicted in many accounts of proof; Hour of Twilight (as you see cultists present carrying on their business), the dominant cult in Lordaeron which I assume is connected because it is all but one unified cult, and even the dungeon journal states that the Lich within the new Scholomance travelled from Northrend to Scholomance (but that could be before the fall of Arthas), but most importantly: a blue once stating in a Blizzcon panel that the Cult and the Scourge are independent of one another but yet remain connected, and I sincerely believe that is because they are the "mortal" servants of the old Lich King; as in they retained their will to serve him and they always have.

So no matter what happens, mortals make up their own choice; it would be logical to assume that the Cult obviously has remnants and that they "choose" to continue serving the Old Lich King because that is what they always have done; they chose to serve him in the past, so they still would continue doing so. But what's happening within Northrend is vague to our perception so I could be wrong, but that is what I think is to be the most logical - that the remnants are still surviving out there, and most of the could very well still carry on the way of life they always used to follow through the cult because they choose to as they always have chosen to do so.

I can link the evidence and such if one wishes me to do so.

P.S: I know it's a late response, but better late than never.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Cult of the Damned in Icecrown/Northrend   Cult of the Damned in Icecrown/Northrend Empty

Back to top Go down

Cult of the Damned in Icecrown/Northrend
Page 1 of 1